Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Sunroom

 Walk west after exiting elevator, pass the fitness center door, mailboxes, buzz open the automatic door to enter the large sunroom. Large windows on 3 sides. Two buzzing doors, along the wall across from hallway door. One leads to a little community garden and Gazebo area. The other, has a ramp, leading to resident parking lot. Those buzzing doors are annoying. Especially when no one comes through the hall door. We think it is set off when man who lives on 2nd floor activates his wheelchair access apartment door.

Theresa & Brenda always look up to see who is coming or going. They would both say hello, and chat with whoever it was. I seldom looked up. If someone yelled "hello Mary;" I would turn around to acknowledge who addressed me by name. A lot of new people since 2020. Since I no longer smoke, I seldom see any residents.

A lady, I do know, came through door, heading for parking lot. Brenad, looks, yells, "Kate did you get note I left on your door?" Kate, comes over to the table, standing at my shoulder, talking to Brenda. I used to see Kate outside at bottom of parking lot. She leaving, me putting out smoke, heading back to sunroom. When she starts talking she never shuts up. She and Brenda are talking about doctors, and health issues, prior and present. I was able to tune most of it out.

A few times I talked over Kate, to say something to Brenda about the puzzle we are putting together. Brenda stopped turning to look at her, kept her head down doing the puzzle. Does Kate get the hint? Of course not. 

No comments: