Friday, March 03, 2023

Rain

...rain, go away.  The reason for the new temp warming beds is due to heavy rainfall and below normal temps in Long Beach. An article said 2.25 inches of rain, 2.13 inches in "nearby Signal Hill" (Signal Hill is surrounded by Long Beach on all sides, a city in the middle of a city, but I guess nearby is apt description, eh?) Temps as low as 40 degrees.

I remember homed Long Beach days when temps would go down to 32 degrees overnight. 

I remember rain, rain, rain during my days on the street. My plan had been to sleep on beach daytime, stay awake all night. Constant rain made me find somewhat dry places to sleep overnight and hang out during days. Flooded cross walks were a pain (even when homed!) 

I do not know how much rainfall we had that year or the average temperatures. Thankful for New Image, MSC, temp winter shelter in Long Beach, and Anaheim, CA in 2004. Not fun trying to sleep with so many people side by side, often coughing. Head lice at one shelter; lucky I did not catch them from the lady. 

I have a nice low-income senior apartment now. Nice, but more space than I need. My same in Long Beach was one room with bathroom, and no balcony; adequate but roaches galore, making this one preferable. 

No comments: