Friday, July 01, 2022

Comment declined by Facebook

 A comment was declined by Facebook because it contained certain keywords. 

Unable to copy the meme; creator said his wife grew thinking having a refrigerator with ice/water dispenser in door was a life goal.

He grew up thinking if you had a basketball hoop with plexiglass backdrop you were rich. Then he inquired "what were some things you thought was an indicator of wealth when you a kid." 

Normally, I do not reply to that type of meme, assuming it is a phishing meme; not safe. 

Now what exactly did I say that had offensive, threatening or otherwise against FB rules?

I saw that type of futuristic 'frig in a Good Housekeeping magazine and wanted one when I grew up. But, as a kid, did not equate it with "only the wealthy have one."
My parents did not talk about money and the cost of things. I would likely have thought the Uncle with vacation home at the shore was "rich," but the other Aunt/Uncle that also had one did not appear "rich" to me.
Maybe I say "uncle" because his wife did not hold job outside the home; and the other couple, the wife was a nurse. Both of those uncles owned their own businesses.
Owning my own business was an aspiration, thus, that is probably what I thought was an indicator of wealth. "Who Wants To Marry a Millionaire" was a show when I was a child; I never aspired to marry a millionaire, but being a millionaire would indicate wealth.

No comments: