Friday, October 15, 2021

Private London

  Private London is a novel by James Paterson and Mark Pearson. It was published in 2012.


I have been homebound due to the nouveau coronavirus and treatment for Mantle Cell Lymphoma. Our building library which I used to take care of was closed in 2020. As COVID restrictions were slowly lifted, my being high risk for infections, staff found another person to care for our library.

I also have not been to the Public Library in two years. A problem with my eyes due to Mantle Cell made it impossible for me to read books. Now that chemo helped the eyes (eye lids and under eye swelling, the eyes themselves were fine) hungry to read I settled on Private London because it was new to our library.

I stopped blogging a while ago. My sudden reappearance was due to a homeless character that showed up in Private London near the end of the story. Nothing new, really, stuff I may have mentioned previously. Perhaps I will reread what is left of this blog someday, 

"He's certainly been in the service sometime. That's how he got the name, plus he's from an educated background."

"Which is rare on the streets."

"More common than you might think."

The novel goes on to state reasons that people end up living on the streets. It seems as if the main character was thinking this, even though he sounded surprised that homeless character, Major was educated. Yet, it is always nice when an author helps to educate people about homelessness via a fiction novel.

No comments: