Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Sleep, Dreams, Awareness

Must be a new neighbor across the street, thump or bump, bump, bump, bass has been playing. Do not know if it comes from a car or from inside an apartment. Just know that it is annoying. How can there ever be peace on earth when people do not respect others that live around them. Yesterday I was about to cross my block in the middle ~ yeah I know, jaywalking illegal, but it was sunny on the other side. A young person comes zooming down the street on his motorcycle popping wheelies. Zoom, zoom, zoom, to the corner, back again. Now I know who has been doing that, not that I got a look at his face. Thought the loud speeder that sets off car alarms, often, was an old Chevy Nova, I see parked up the block a bit. Pre-judging, eh.

Do not know why I was so tired, I took a nap about 9:30AM. Had a dream ~ well several as dreams are wont to do ~ about two homeless people. Of course the dream faded upon awakening and did not remember it for a while. When I remembered it, the names Sunny and Orange came to mind. LOL, yes, I knew many a Sonny on the streets, maybe the dream homeless cat was Shorty ~ he was very short.

The short guy appeared first, seem to recall a picnic table, and Social Worker, giving away stuff. Then the rather tall guy appeared with a large fully packed mostly red backpack, sort of rectangle shape, I will say at least 5' high. He asked the short guy if he was ready. Smaller back pack, blue I think. Do not remember the guys donning backpacks, but they explained they were on their way to Boston for a job, I think a local agency obtained for them.

Next we were in front of my apartment, the one on Broadway, except facing east/west, not north/south. I wanted to give them my address so they could send me a postcard when they arrived. I knew the taller man and he was walking a bit ahead of the short one, just annoyed, which annoyed me. Some kind of friend, he turned out to be. A bit confusing, that part of the dream, vague recall, me and Short Guy looking for paper so I could give address that Tall Guy did not want to wait to get.

If I say, "as a child bedtime was 9PM", I would be correct. Yet when did my awareness of bedtimes and being unable to fall to sleep arrive? Do not know. Perhaps when I was six or eight bedtime was earlier. Do not know. Just know "bedtime was 9PM" and I tossed and turned for hours trying to fall to sleep.

My insomnia issues started in childhood. Yet as a young adult, young mother, would not think of it as insomnia; just thought parents forced me to go to sleep before my body was ready to retire.

Okay, the thump a bump, thump, bump, bump has started up again, pulling me back to the real world. Bye.

No comments: