Sunday, March 20, 2011

Dundee

Why bother trying to write, sitting here agitated due to neighbor, John's noise. Shall I go put the radio in cabinet and start blaring it? Silly me. That seemed to have worked to get him to lower his volume late at night. Put in cabinet so it would not be so awful loud for me here in the great room.

BTW, it is Friday night, 10:38PM, but I post-date the posts to publish automatically. This to keep to one post per day.

Earlier tonight heard that clicking sound, that I thought was from the gnats that used to circle around in this apartment when I first moved here. Knock wood, that problem seems to be gone. Not even sure the sound is an hallucination; might be an ear issue? Comes and goes, who knows. Thought I heard Bill's voice outside today. Did peek out the blinds after a particularly loud volley of words. Chris' door shut. Um, maybe he did sneak Bill inside. It was right about that time I heard the sound. Have been hearing it every once in a while after not hearing it for a long time.

Often hear a sound (of something that is not there) just as I am drifting off to sleep at night. Metallic, hard to describe it. Suddenly recalling the sounds I thought was wind blowing drain pipes. Wonder if any of the apartments I lived in actually had them. When I lived on Magnolia, would look outside, way past midnight trying to determine from whence it came.

That is when I realized the drain pipe sounds were also hallucinations. Like the strange, sudden, loud metallic sound I hear. Sometimes it so startles me awake, there is no falling to sleep for me.

It just makes me curious as to why my mind would create sounds when my body is trying to go to sleep. Oh, the clicking/bug kinda noise happens during the day, when wide awake. Now what does that have to do with Dundee. Gee, the last post I wrote, was supposed to have been about the words in my head. Could re-title this...

No comments: