Friday, February 11, 2011

Memory Loss

2/11/2011: Do believe I should leave spaces between posts when I go off on a writing jag. Posts already scheduled to be published until Feb. 21.

Yesterday I started to post a comment on a newphew's Facebook status update. Bad enuff I could not remember the author, I could not remember the name of the book, I was about to mention. I googled "whatshisname", hoping...

...what ever I was hoping. Maybe that someone wrote about "old whatshisname the author of 'The Prophet'...". The Prophet did come to me and I was able to Google it. How could I forget Kahil Gibran's name? Scary.

This is only the start of memory loss. Knowing that my mind has lost its sharpness, I tend to look everything up before typing a comment anywhere, even when I am quite positive what I am about to say is correct. When simple stuff disappears from memory, my mind wanders back to 1998. It usually goes if that damn nurse had not decided headaches, blurred vision, extreme sleepiness, memory loss was due to job stress...

No comments: