Sunday, September 30, 2007

Change Please LB

"Sarah" treated me to coffee at the Passport Coffee House in Long Beach. Was on Elm Street~1/2 block away~when the Passport opened, and it became a favorite place to go to use the Internet and treat myself to a flavored coffee. Hard to resist pastries would often treat myself to one of those. Miss those carefree days!

While there I'd check out the latest art work on the walls. There's the usual assortment of glossy advertising postcards and free magazines. Most advertisements are for local concerts and art shows. Lifestyle doesn't allow such attending anything but free events, so didn't browse the piles looking for interesting stuff to do. But one caught my eye.

Pieces of corrugated cardboard had the words "CHANGE PLEASE" hand printed with magic marker. Don't have a scanner available to share it with you, but there is a copy online at: http://www.changepleaseLB.com.

posted here 3/17/07

Sarah and I went there to see a homeless guy's artwork, on display at the Passport. It's quite colorful, in the style of Picasso.

No comments: