Wednesday, March 29, 2023

CA most mass shootings

Someone posted in a comment on article about the Nashville school shooting, that California rated #1 in mass shootings. She added: Do not live in California. My first thought, was: gangs. I found a site which lists the states.  New Jersey is listed as having 1 mass shooting. Maybe everyone should move to New Jersey? CA listed as 25. These stats were from 1982 to present. 

25 mass shootings in 41 years in a large and largely populated state does not seem like a lot. I vaguely recall a man driving his car into pre-school, I think, killing children, angry at his ex wife. I did not remember if homeless killed at a camp were shot. Yes, they were.

David Cruz Ponce and Max Eliseo Rafael were found guilty of shooting, killing 5 people in a homeless camp, near a 405 off ramp. They were gang members. The killing may have been done due a drug dispute. Do not know if the man Ponce kidnapped, and murdered was from the homeless camp or a separate killing. 

The murders happened in November, 2008. I was no longer living on the streets. I did forget about the recent killings in California. Lunar New Year, Mushroom Farm and in Oakland during filming of a music video. Only one person died, 7 injured. 

Bought ink for printer ~ HP promised 300 color prints. Got to 77 printing my Homeless in Long Beach images that used to be on this blog. I want a new laptop or minicomputer. Daughter says they do not come with CD disc drawers. So decided to print them. Hate to spend more $$$ for HP expensive ink. Sigh. 

No comments: