Monday, November 22, 2021

One Day When I Was Lost

 One Day When I Was Lost is a screenplay by James Baldwin based on The Autobiography of Malcolm X written by Alex Haley. Since my government blog is empty, adding quotes from One Day When I Was Lost here. I suppose I could do an Alter Ego book review article, but just want to clear this document.

"Why should a citizen have to fight for his civil rights?"

"...always distrust a person who's afraid to answer a question~"

"I know all of you have better sense than to mess with a man who's not afraid to die."

"...when a dress is torn, you can sew it up, make it do a while longer. But when a dress is in rags you just have to throw it away." (meaning the issue of civil rights was ragged and needed to start anew)

"The true Islam has shown me that a blanket indictment of all white people is as wrong as when whites make blanket indictments against blacks."

(I used that line in my only published letter to an editor.)



No comments: