Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Saw Doug

Stopped at mini-mart to get cup of real coffee. As I passed Doug, I said, "Hi, Doug." He said something, maybe, "What!", looking at me strangely. I said, "Oh, I thought you were Doug." He said, "I am Doug." His health must be deteriorating, all red blotchy skin, pasty white pallor. Doug had just coughed loudly, so I asked him, "Have you seen anyone about that cough?"

"I don't cough," he said, "that is Chris. I told him to get it checked out." Then he added, showing me his cigarette, that he only coughs when he is smoking. Whatever. I do know he coughs. Loud. It is a bit hard to Wonder if he relayed the conversation to Chris. I noticed Chris shut his door a few times after I put radio in front of my door blasting volume to drown out the sound of Chris's talking and coughing.

No comments: