Friday, June 11, 2010

Can Not Win For Losing

Hooray, weather is warming up, finally. Took a walk to Rec park. The closest park does not have restrooms. I can go sit there for an hour or so before heading home to use my own. Another I have never found. Read about it after a man was killed in an alley chasing after some 'kids' made off with his backpack while he was shooting baskets ~ hoops that is, not target practicing. It is about same distance from the little no-restroom park.

I went the long way 'round heading where ever I was heading ~ twice trying to find it after checking exact location at google maps. So, I headed to Rec park. I used to lay in the grass at this park ~ pre-homeless, with or without a beach towel. Spent more time laying in the grass at this (and many other) park while without a home to go home to.

Did not bring towel, so sat on concrete bench, back leaning against attached table ~ very uncomfortable reading position ~ but amphitheatre benches back to sun ~ when I notice a tic walking 'cross table. I jump up, brush it off with a stick. I was trying to read, running fingers through hair, around back, paranoia will destroy ya ~ making sure no tics were on me. Then the chill wind told me it was time to head home ~ after only a short outing. Think the two-way walk took longer than I spend sitting in the sun.

Next day or so, decide I will go to the Marina to sit. Brought backpack with beach towel along with me this time. Might lay at beach, Colorado Lagoon. Now I did read about this in the local paper, but tend to scan articles and forget details.

Appian Way is closed to traffic until September. Just in time for the summer season. Actually, people use the road all year long, it was one of my shortcuts to bypass slow moving traffic going through Belmont Shore downtown. I did not bring bottled water with me for my walk. Mouth was parched. Had to walk around the block and backtrack to get to Colorado Lagoon, only to find water fountain not working.

No comments: