Thursday, February 09, 2023

Libby vs. Overdrive

I miss being able to walk to the library. My kids got me a Kindle a few years ago. Borrowing library electronic books is okay, but I still prefer browsing and selecting  hardcover books. 

Kindle stopped using the Overdrive library app. Daughter installed Libby for me after I had trouble doing so. I tried using it  did not like it, so kept using Overdrive, even in January, 2023. 

Still learning how to use Libby on Kindle. I started reading The Woman in The Library, which Libby said was available. Then it cut off. It still said available, then back space, it goes to Carbon County library and says no copies of two are available. I miss easy to use Overdrive.

I get free books from Amazon Prime, but it was easier to use the library app, to find books that interest me. I refused to use Amazon, not wanting to help Bezos get mo' money. Son's Xmas gift list, daughter & husband preferring Amazon gift cards, I succumbed. Free e-books is why I got the Prime membership.

Now I am thinking of ditching both Prime and Kindle. Better use of time & money. I want to read my Homeless in Long Beach blog posts again. 

No comments: