Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Senator Garcia

 Now that a House Speaker was appointed, I assume Robert Garcia has been sworn into office. The reason I am posting about Gracia on Homeless in Long Beach rather than my political blog is because I met him when he was running for mayoral office in Long Beach. I was no longer homeless. Senior apartment complex I lived in hosted candidates seeking office. 

I liked Garcia, but did not vote for him due to differing on an issue. I may have voted for Damon Dunn ~ I do not know any other candidates that I talked to that evening ~ I have a potholder with Dunn's name on it and maybe I remembered Garcia because he won the position of Mayor. When I saw the Yahoo news headline about Gracia using superman comic to be sworn into office, I was thrilled to see he is now in Congress. 

Um, maybe I should check to see if any of the politicians I knew when I lived in Mt. Pocono, PA  advances in their careers. Not sure I remember their names. 

Garcia is using the Superman comic book along with Constitution because when he came to the U.S. of A. he learned to read ESL with those comic books. He is still a comic book fan. The complainers felt that was childish. The popularity of Marvel superhero movies among adults, seems to negate that. Not to mention way adult comic book collectors. Better than buying an 8.5" pixel to trade, methinks. Anyone could screen shot and collect as many digital NFT cards without spending a penny. Of course they could not sell them.

In addition Garcia was using photos of his parents who both died of COVID. People that swear on the graves of their parents, be it to do good or for vengeance, are considered to devote their lives to fulfilling their promises. Along with the superhero fighting for truth , justice and the American way, we have a winner in Senator Garcia. Um, that remains to be seen, yet an inspiration to young people who aspire for political careers.

He also choose to use his Naturalization papers, showing how proud he was to become a citizen. I think there was something else. Wish Senator Garcia the best of luck on that crazy Congressional floor. 

No comments: