Sunday, June 11, 2023

Food for thought

 Food for thought from the "Stupid Things" book:

You have to know how a story ends, before you can understand its meaning."

"What matters in life to you?" His father asked Petrow, then when he asked father, the father stared into space, then shrugged his shoulders, which made Steven sad. 

My first thoughts: having a roof over my head, hot and cold running water, a toilet having lived watthour all of that.  I have also lived without heat, even when homed. I neglected to say "affordable." I might add food, refrigerator to keep stuff cold and stove to cook the food. Or, I guess, material things matter in life to me. 

I think being honest matters in life; being kind; having morals; using etiquette; loving & being loved; spreading love, peace, joy. Even unhomed those things were available to all. 

Good health. Strength matters in our elder years. Having loving family matters. Eye sight matters! Seeing, smelling, touching flowers! Lots of things in life matter.

My story is ongoing; albeit in its last chapters, thus that food for thought is rather difficult for me to understand. I have skipped to end of fiction novels, to figure out if it was worth reading the rest of the story. Knowing the ending did help make sense of it ~ or understanding why some random unrelated boring stuff was part of the story. 



No comments: