Sunday, February 06, 2011

Immune System

A cousin had Multiple Sclerosis, an autoimmune disease, which eventually took her life.

A sister died from Scleroderma, a chronic systemic autoimmune disease.

A brother died from complications due to acquired immune deficiency syndrome.

Many siblings suffered from hay fever. Mother said of older brother, Joe, that he was allergic to everything for which the doctor tested him. She made him stop after the 19th needle in her toddler's back. She said we could not have carpets due to one of his allergies.

A niece (and maybe her brother) is allergic to seafood. Do not know if allergies have anything to do with inherited immune systems.

Per prior post, eczema "can also be influenced by other factors that affects the immune system such as stress or fatigue. "

My ex-husband called my middle daughter Rashy. He thought it was funny; she did not. I blamed myself because I did not nurse her (due to ex-mother-in-law's making me a nervous wreck when I was breast feeding older sister). Lori was allergic, or so doctor said, to all baby formula's on the market. I had to make her formula using Karo syrup and evaporated milk.

She was allergic to laundry detergent. I think Fab was the only brand I could use. I washed her baby clothes, bedding separately from the rest of the family, because it had to be rinsed twice, once with vinegar in the water. She had impetagio several times.

I am quite sure I never suffered from fatigue when I was in high school. I know there was a lot of stress at home when Lori was growing up. Do not recall either of my parents suffering from hay fever or allergies. I guess it is logical being pre-disposed to allergies or immune system problems due to heritage.


I do not know that those teen issues had anything to do with my late life homelessness. However my first remembered hallucination ~ voice outside of my head, did happen in childhood. Did not know or label it an hallucination until, um, 2006? There was also a "negative reaction" to a problem I had in elementary school. Maybe I will write about it some other time.

No comments: