Thursday, July 23, 2009

Super Bullet?

How did that pre-show blurb go? Faster than a speeding train, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound? As many times as I heard it, the jingle eludes me. Here he comes to save the day? No, that was Mighty Mouse. I do not know much about bullets and guns. I refused to learn to fire the exes hunting rifles or shotguns. Technically I know that if I wanted to shoot (to kill) him, I knew enough about how them, to do so, but that was my reason: If you teach me I might flip and use it on you.

A word on the death penalty's ability to deter murder ~ I did not kill the abusive ex because I did not think it good for the kids to have a dead father and a mother in jail. The death penalty did not enter into the equation. If I had not finally left the man with the clothes on my back, might indeed have lost control of my sanity and popped him.

How could a bullet travel a mile, that is my question. It boggles my mind. The super bullet was fired in the air at a downtown club by a security guard trying to quell drunken fights after the club closed at 2AM. Mentally scanning the area, I know that bullet had to travel over some tall buildings before entering a woman's skull and exiting by her eyebrow.

When I first read about the incident, I had a deja vu feeling ~ this happened before, I thought. The woman and her husband sleep outside on their deck. I distinctly remember reading that a long time ago, maybe even before my homeless days began or maybe when living on the streets.
The lady that got shot is Mary. Last name withheld for privacy reasons. Likewise, I guess, her address. Well, daggnabbit, I want a diagram. Doubt the bullet travelled a mile south of the club, no apartments in the ocean. A mile due west might land in the Los Angeles river. Must have went north or east, methinks. Did the super bullet travel 'round corners or fly in a straight line. Man fired towards the sky. Would think the bullet would come directly down. Must have fired on an angle then. In that north or east direction.

Must be a powerful gun. I can not imagine firing at a deer grazing in an open field a mile away and hitting it. Do bullets simply fly forward in the air until they meet with an object that stops them? It is not something I ever considered before reading about the super bullet, that did bypass tall buildings to hit the target a mile away. Talk about freak accidents. I am not sure I agree with the police's decision to arrest the Security Guard. Unless Mary chose to press charges against him.

I imagine there are laws about firing guns in the city, like the laws regarding hunting in Pennsylvania. Seems firing too close to a residence would be a misdemeanor, like smoking on the beach or playing drums, not a felony. The Security Guard did not intentionally shoot anyone, did not aim at a person. I would make a poor juror on his case. The kind of juror I would have wanted if I went on trial for killing the ex if I had lost my sanity, much like Farah Fawcett in the movie, "Burning Bed".

No comments: