Sunday, January 15, 2023

Thank You

 Also a thank you for others who helped me when I was homeless in Long Beach, 2004.

Londus Dupree

Mike Shelby

David Gilmore

Billy Lee 

Be Bop

Elgra Brunson, 1823 Appleton ST # 7, Long Beach, CA

Willie Bartee, 11518 Harvard DR, Norwalk, CA 90650

---

There were nameless others who helped me. A man came over handed me $$$, said I  reminded him of his mother. I was sitting on a bench at the promenade playing solitaire. I think it was also there when a man gave me money; said a woman should not be picking up cigarette butts to smoke them. A woman who gave me her pack of cigarettes when I finally had courage to bum a smoke from someone. 

I think it was 6 months that I had no income due to a worker's mistake. $8.00 and change New Jersey tax refund or something I no longer remember. I would pick up cans to bring to recycling center, go across street to buy a pack of smokes. 

Willie took me to his house, shower, wear his daughter's PJs to spend the night. He also gave me a roll of quarters to do laundry. Maybe he bought me cigarettes or gave me cash also. I think Elgra gave me some dollars. 

No comments: