Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Time Flies

May already. Thus far this year, I have had two weeks of quiet. Not silence; always noise of some sort when living in an apartment complex. Plus airplanes, helicopters, birds chirping (nice), dogs barking, people walking by, chatting or having a little spat. Noise coming from John's apartment was reasonable sounds, opening/closing a drawer ~ no slamming. Tweety spoke so quietly I could barely hear her. No loud television, radios or stereos.

It was so quiet I had trouble falling to sleep. No more earplugs, hooray! Did not last long. Now I am having trouble falling to sleep due a constant soft noise. I read some more about  tinnitus and think a doctor visit is needed.



*One of the most common include a sound of crickets or roaring, buzzing, hissing, whistling, and high-pitched ringing.

*Other types of tinnitus include a clicking or pulsatile tinnitus (the noise accompanies your heartbeat).

Not sure when the constant noise I am now hearing, began. The whooshing sound happens when I walk, but is not constant. I heard that clicking noise I used to think was gnats or hallucinations, yesterday. I noticed the correlation between hearing that sound (and eye tics or twitching) was directly related to when I was becoming agitated due to Chris' loud, continuous talking.

After a loud weekend, John and Tweety settled down. I still had trouble falling to sleep due to this constant noise. I am used to hearing this; I used to think, when it is quiet, I am hearing electric noises. Hard to explain that one. Like right this second a fax is flying by your head over the air waves. I guess that is passe ~ text messages flying through the air? I thought this noise was from things like that ~ um, invisible sounds?

Anyway, now I know it is a bad case of tinnitus. Wonder if all those earplug nights caused it.

No comments: