Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Girl's Guide to Homelessness

Trying to read: Girl's Guide to Homelessness by Brianna Karp. The book was published in 2011; Brianna's homelessness began on February 26, 2009. I have a vague recollection of hearing about her blog. There is no date index or archiving, so that I could search to see if I left a comment on one of her blog posts. I do not find mention of that blog here.

Maybe I heard about the book, not the blog. When I spotted book at library, the title was already familiar.

Do not know that I will finish reading the book which is a memoir more than a guide to homelessness. Catchy title, though, much better than gypsywoman or homeless granny, the names I used when I still thought I could earn a living via Internet marketing. Too bad my story is lost to the F-drive that will not read the discs; the same F-drive I used to move it all to discs.

After WiFi broke, thought moving the stuff to disc's was safer ~ lose laptop, lose the tale. I was in process of editing it all, what to leave in, what to leave out ~ when I could no longer access the info. I would love to re-read my very first post. I know it was good. A lot of the early stuff was. C'est la vie.

After a short prologue, Brianna starts telling readers who she is. Or was. Bookmarked page 43, to skip forward to the part where she started street living. Actually started living in a travel camper parked in a Walmart lot. Better, she thought, then sleeping in her car. She did have a horrid childhood; guess I am less interested in that, then in her experiences living on the streets.

Lost interest in two other books that sounded interesting when I checked them out at library. Wish I had found a good mystery. Bored.

No comments: