Sunday, January 29, 2012

Orizaba Park

I think I wrote this; that I planned to go to Orizaba Park the other Saturday (or was it Sunday?) ~ nah think I wrote on Facebook status update. Um, yes, I remember now. Etta James died. Friend lives in Santa Cruz, California; she posted a video: Etta James, "Stormy Weather"; unrelated to that, she posted about the rain, and wind up her way. Told me, it was heading down my way.

In the morning, it was raining, so I posted video for her, "Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head" and said I was going to take a walk to see grand "re-opening" of newly redeveloped park ~ 'cause I don't mind raindrops falling on my head. It was a Saturday. Changed my mind. Not due to the rain, due to John's noise, and his being home.

The park now has a fenced in skateboard park, lots of "healthy" equipment. I tried out the stair stepper ~ something would be good for me to go there and do daily.

Interesting new design water fountains ~ no drains at all. Water runs down the center slope, onto the ground and I guess, maybe into the drain hole on the ground.

While I was at Orizaba Park, I was thinking about the guy got killed when he was playing basketball there...

No comments: