Monday, November 14, 2011

We Didn't Start The Fire

How does the line go in Billy Joel's quasi-rap tune: We Didn't Start The Fire. Okay I looked it up:


Wheel of Fortune, Sally Ride, heavy metal suicide
Foreign debts, homeless Vets, AIDS, Crack, Bernie Goetz

Hypodermics on the shores, China's under martial law
Rock and Roller cola wars, I can't take it anymore



Only wanted the line: I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!! Not sure if I was aware of "homeless Vets". 


Approximately 3:37AM Saturday night (Sunday morning?) I called Long Beach Police Department. First time I have called the dispatch number to get a recorded message that someone would answer the call (whatever it said) shortly. Wanted to hang up. If the phone line is that tied up, did not want to bother police with my silly problem. Only it is not silly to me.

Sleep deprivation is a form of abuse. Five days and nights of Chris' radio, alternating with his television was 5 days too much. So tempted to call manager at 10:30PM, or midnight. Maybe waking that man from sleep to ask him to come downstairs and tell Chris he is in violation of House Rules & Regulations (rather than telling him 'neighbor complained, lower it') will get Mr. Manager to understand that IT. IS. HIS. JOB. to enforce rules.

Mr. Manager knows Chris called me a fucking bitch last time I had the audacity to ask him to lower his voice. My requests over the past three years have fell on Chris' deaf ears. I tolerate, tolerate, tolerate until I can't take it anymore. Maybe if I keep waking Mr. Manager up when he is asleep he will understand that he has to DO. HIS. JOB. Not placate me with lies. He probably never did "call his case manager right now" back in September, 2010. I talked to the woman when I saw her entering the building as I was checking my mail.

Coming from me is not the same as coming from the manager who can tell her, if Chris does not start obeying the House Rules & Regulations, he will be evicted. They (mind blanks, what does Mike call the organization, um) obtained the apartment for Chris, John, and Mike. Maybe others. I know Doug and Darryl are Village people. I assume Safe Haven or MHA Village workers helped them get an apartment here, same as myself.

Getting to be another too long blog post. Police arrived around 4:47AM. I opened my door when I heard front gate rattling and "Police, open up". I heard noise from John's apartment. When I went outside, prior to making my call to LBPD I noticed the wind blew the screened gate open fairly wide. If John saw it, maybe he pulled it closed, locked. No, a policeman was standing in front of Chris' door calling out: Police, open the door.

"Who is it?" Chris asked several times. Maybe it was Chris. How many times does a police officer have to announce "It is the police"? Of course Chris and his guest were probably sound asleep, unlike myself.

Will continue this post later.

No comments: