Thursday, June 16, 2011

Jacaranda Trees

Not sure how many weeks ago the jacaranda trees started blooming.
Seeing them brings on nostalgic sadness. Miss my former life. My before homeless life. My first California job or rather longest held job was as a retail merchandiser. As such I drove around three counties daily. I also would pick my daughter up from her job in Paramount. Meaning I often drove on Bellflower Blvd. Both sides of the streets were lined with jacaranda trees, such a lovely sight.
Afterwards, when I no longer had a vehicle, I took a bus to El Dorado park via Bellflower and also enjoyed the spectacular view. I likely walked the same route, while homeless, but doubt I walked the entire distance. The unseasonably cool weather keeps me housebound rather than hopping on a bus just to see the lovely trees in full bloom.

No comments: