Thursday, April 14, 2011

Phylicia Barnes

Maryland State police did a massive search for Phylicia Barnes at Patapsco State Park. They did uncover a body, but it was not the missing teenager. The partially decomposed body of an unidentified man was dressed in "multiple layers of clothing". Reading that my first thought: must have been a homeless man, likely died due to the extremely cold winter. The park had been searched after then 16-year-old Phylicia disappeared, but search was "hampered due to snow and frozen ground". 


Phyliicia, who disappeared on December 28, 2010, had a birthday, meaning, if alive, she is now 17. It has been reported that the last person to see her was her half-sister's ex-boyfriend. Phylicia, from North Carolina, was visiting her sister in Maryland. Sister was at work; boyfriend was moving his stuff out of her apartment. He said the girl was asleep when he left the apartment. Seems to me it would have been easy enough for the man to wrap the girl in a carpet or even bedsheets or blanket, carry out to the moving van and dispose of her body somewhere.


Well, I do not know that he killed the teen; perhaps she was given drugs and died accidentally. Or maybe she is still alive. Somewhere. Maybe she did head to the mall when she woke from the nap, slipped and fell into a river ~ if there is a river en route to the mall. Somebody could have grabbed her from the street. I think, however, her purse and cellphone were left at her sister's apartment. 


News reports on the disappearance do no mention the apartment being searched for clues. I am under the impression that the complex security cameras do not show the girl leaving the building. The father believes she is alive and does not want anyone that believes otherwise to send negative vibes, so to speak. The mother thinks she may have been sold into human trafficking. 


Too many young women and children disappear without a trace. Some do end up homeless, such as teens running away from abusive homes. Like the dead man found in the park, some are found, often years have passed often victims of serial killers. 


I often read about missing people. The elderly usually turn up within a few days or weeks. Do not know why I search Google every few days for news about Phylica Barnes, yet do not remember names or details of other missing people. She just stays on my mind. If I had done such a search, I would not have read about the dead man in the park. After my initial assessment: homeless, I realized that I layered my clothing to endure cold weather, long before I called the streets my home.

No comments: