Saturday, March 26, 2011

Hip Hop Is Hot

I thought I was being clever when I wrote Hip Hop is Hot because I managed to incorporate the top ten Google Trends search engine topics into humor article. I had to look for it a few minutes ago because my memory blocked out the place I am to go to find hot topics for articles ~ so maybe, in the future, Yahoo Contributor will offer to pay for what I write.

This one I did not submit for upfront payment. Unlike AC, YC editors review all submissions, which puts a damper on my enthusiasm. I have read some truly awful stuff at the site, yet think YC will reject mine, even publication for no pay ~ only page view pennies. When I queried a writer friend about the change ~ simple question: Do they now review all your submissions? ~ she read me the riot act without actually answering it.

I was wondering due to articles published that were full of misspelled words, poorly written, with hardly any professionalism. If they were reviewed, and published, then I had no worries. Yet it seems if they were reviewed, the editors would have rejected them ~ for spelling errors alone ~ not publish them. I put a lot of research into subjects before attempting an informative article. I do not write on topics that are all over the web. Anyone can go to a health care site, Mayo Clinic for instance, and rewrite about any illness. Heart attack symptoms? Ah come on, its already out there.

Personal experience with a disease or disorder much more interesting. Yet the former Associated Content and newly named Yahoo Contributor are looking for hot topics ~ Charlie Sheen anyone? How can anyone write anything about him without garnering the info from the zillion other stuff already out there? The exception would be a personal take on whatever it is that he did to get so much press lately.

The people most likely to do a search for homelessness or homeless are newly homeless people seeking help. Not exactly a hot topic, but one which YC would do well to feature ~ first hand stories from people they now pay to write articles. See sidebar for some of them. And if you want to know why hip hop was hot...

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/5888918/hiphop_is_hot.html?cat=15

No comments: